- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Flood/River Modeller
My client is seeking to recruit a Senior River Modeller, to be based in their Birmingham, Cardiff or Guildford office.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to a Team Leader (Principal Engineer), you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the team's business plan and building networks within the industry.
- Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk projects
- Produce and lead flood risk assessments
- Supporting and developing junior modelling staff
- Resolving technical modelling issues on projects
- Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models
- Preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building relationships with clients on projects
- Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which responsible
- Liaising with the Project Director or Manager and the client
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation.
- Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
- Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in appropriate analytical discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Science)
- Preferably a further degree in e.g. Engineering Hydrology, River & Coastal Engineering, Water Resources Technology
- Chartered with CIWEM or ICE
- Fluvial modelling experience using ISIS / TUFLOW / ESTRY / FLOOD MODELLER PRO
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects
- Ability to lead and carryout Flood Risk Assessments and an in depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy (NPPF and TAN15)
- Experience of Surface Water Management Plans and SuDS
- Experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...