- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join a British engineering consultancy in Milton Keynes.
Overview of Job:
- Responsible for civil engineering design managing numerous projects including residential, commercial and public sector schemes.
- Prepare and review calculations, drawings, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Role involves submissions of designs for third party approvals and will require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Supervision and development of junior team members to ensure effective productivity, continued professional development and maintain growth of the division.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Building Control, NHBC, Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Environment Agency, Statutory Undertakers etc.
- Use various computer software programs which will include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access), AutoCAD and more specialist software such as Micro Drainage, PDS, Autotrack and Lighting Reality.
- Design of new infrastructure schemes (roads, drainage and external works) to serve new developments.
- Design of roundabouts, signal junctions and other S278 highway schemes.
- Design of sustainable drainage systems in accordance with current design guidance and legislation.
- Design of street lighting.
- Site visits for inspections or investigation work; attendance at meetings with team, clients and statutory approving bodies. Occasional requirement to attend meetings, public consultation events or planning committees outside of normal office hours.
- Provide supervision and training to junior staff including graduate engineers and apprentices.
- Experience of a variety of projects including infrastructure, commercial projects, residential and public sector schemes.
- Educated to a minimum standard of BEng in Civil Engineering studies or other related degree.
- Relevant experience of the design of roads and drainage.
- Proficient using Micro Drainage, PDS and Autotrack design software packages.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have strong analytical skills.
- Working towards professional membership with ICE or similar.
- Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Working knowledge of highways design standards and good practice, roundabouts, signalled junctions, traffic control schemes and sustainable drainage techniques.
- Working knowledge of drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Working knowledge of health and safety standards. Hold CSCS card and understand correct use of personal protective equipment. Understand the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines within the company and external companies.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the team but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring / supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- Annual salary paid monthly on 28th of each month.
- Bonus scheme provided based on the employees productivity.
- Minimum 7.5 hours working day Monday to Friday, with core hours of 10am to 4pm. Minimum 30 minutes lunch break.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 26 after two years' service and 27 after 5 years' service.
- After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution). The scheme includes death in service benefit of 2x salary, rising to 4x salary after 5 years' service.
- After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare scheme.
- Membership fees for one professional institution reimbursed.
- Training agreement approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Support provided to employees that join the Reserve Forces, are veterans or are Service spouses/partners.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Infrastucture
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...