- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Gas Metering Mentor
As a Gas Field Coach you will be responsible for conducting field based coaching as part of the training journey for Smart Metering Installation Operatives and associated apprentices. You will:
* Impart your knowledge and experience on those you are coaching
* Accompany trainee field operatives on a one to one basis ensuring that they are completing their work to the required standard
* Be ultimately accountable for the safe installation of the gas meter
* Provide guidance in a constructive and positive manner to encourage development
* Make objective decisions on the competence of a trainee
* Maintain accurate records of a trainee's progress and report on development in line with Company procedure
* Feedback to the People Readiness team the status of each operatives Portfolio and to be measured on the success of the portfolio completion
* Be mobile and be willing to travel accordingly to support the business' mentoring needs.
If successful in your application, you will be provided with full mentor training.
What are we offering?
The directly employed role attracts a salary of circa £32k per annum, with a range of additional benefits. The positon will be for an 18 months or 3 year Fixed term contracts. At the end of the fixed term contract there will be opportunities for suitable candidates to apply for alternative roles in our installation, training or field management teams.
What do we need from you?
Mentoring is a critical activity within our installation team, so it's vital that we attract the right people. To be suitable for this role you must have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
* MET1, CMA1 and or CCN1 as a minimum Gas Requirement
* Gas Safe Registered
* Two years' experience installing gas meters on a regular basis
* A full UK Driving Licence, with no more than 6 points
* It would be advantageous if candidates held CKR1 Cookers, HTR1 Gas Fires and CENWAT central heating qualifications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* An ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and work under pressure.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?