- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate Electrical Design Engineer
An established company of Consulting Engineers with experience in providing engineering solutions for the construction industry, has a vacancy for a Associate Electrical Design Engineer with UK building Services Experience
An established company of Consulting Engineers with experience in providing engineering solutions for the construction industry, has a vacancy for a Associate Electrical Design Engineer with UK building Services Experience.
The successful Associate Electrical Design Engineer will be working for a company which over the past 40 years has acquired considerable experience with many types of buildings including offices, business parks, residential, retail, leisure and education.
They ensure that they understand the client's requirements and the company seeks to provide cost effective solutions, using innovative ways of applying proven technologies to solve complex problems.
As the Associate Electrical Design Engineer you will have the following capabilities;
- Able to work on their own and as part of the wider team
- Willingness to learn new skills is essential as the business develops
- Good level of experience across different sectors (commercial, hotel, residential, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes, surveys etc).
- Strong commercial experience.
- Ability to prepare conceptual designs and assist with the preparation of the client brief
- Good level of oral and written communication at all levels internally and externally including good report writing skills.
- Ability to represent the company at design team and client meetings and converse effectively with different teams within the company.
- Ability to give technical presentations to the professional team
- Team management- Ability to take the lead and manage projects internally and externally in respect of deliverables, resources and financials.
- Ability to set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
- Good understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages.
- Ability to review appointment documents against a scope of services and highlight differences.
- Financial management- Ability to understand and control changes and negotiate additional fees with the client that may be due.
- General understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines.
- Managing site coordination meetings with contractors.
- Project management and client reporting.
- Mentor for Junior staff.
- Lead by example in respect of Health and safety and Quality Assurance
- Business development and general marketing. Build relationships and contacts.
- Involvement with preparing fee proposals, and undertaking pitches and presentations for new work.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills will be required in order to build working relationships with the client teams internally and externally
- Good references to be made available on request
- Competent with (as a minimum);
- Dialux / Relux
The company are based within easy reach of Waterloo station
To apply for this role the candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Building Services
- UK government commits to £22 million Construction Skills Fund
To meet the growing demand for construction professionals, the UK government has invested £22 million in a Construction Skil...
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...