- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electronic Test Technician
Electronic Test, troubleshooting, fault finding down to component level. Reading Circuit Diagrams and assisting with prototype development.
- Product (software, hardware and mechanics) assembly, troubleshooting and testing.
- Test planning, execution and report writing.
- Design, construction, maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- Keeping working environment clean, tidy and safe.
- Assisting with continuous improvement of working practices, processes, equipment and working environment.
- Supervision and guidance of technicians, junior technicians and apprentices
- Work to company quality and national / international standards
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely
Must have design experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Knowledge of electronic circuits, including experience designing simple circuits
- Assembly, troubleshooting and testing of electronic products
- Electronic test equipment (including DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Data Loggers)
- Soldering / de-soldering techniques
- Computer literate (Microsoft Excel and Word)
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience with high voltage (> 60V) and/or high current (> 100A) products.
- EMC testing, including exposure to standards such as REG10, ISO16750, CISPR 25.
- Thermal and environmental testing
- Automotive product development and testing
- Mechanical skills, assembly and creation of one off parts, use of machine shop tools
- Experience with high volume products.
- Experience with CAD tools (Mentor Graphics (DX Designer, Expedition), SPICE, etc), including an ability to layout prototype PCBs.
- Experience in HALT / HAAS testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
- HND / HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...