- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
My client are currently looking to hire a Chemical Tanker Master to join their Marine Operations Team as a Supercargo.
The role is suited to a Class 1 Master Mariner with vast Chemical Tanker sailing experience and proven experience loading and discharging complex and dangerous Chemical Cargoes.
The role involves ensuring the best possible result on all voyages, by providing guidance and advice to vessels and operators regarding all cargo handling related issues in a manner which is most efficient and safe for the vessel, its crew, the cargo and the environment.
The Cargo Superintendent shall:
- Provide and maintain general cargo handling related procedures
- Guide vessels on cargo related issues
- Coordinate tank cleaning procedures
- Assist the Operator on cargo handling related issues / stowage planning
- Check for any particular business the suitability of cargoes for carriage and any physical constraints or financial effects
- Follow up stocks and orders of cleaning materials, N2 bottles, vessels standard equipment (cargo related)
- Liaise with cargo surveyors - superintendents worldwide
- Attending Vessels in port or during voyage when required.
The team require a committed individual who has first class communication, team work and Technical capabilities relating to Chemical Cargo Operations.
The role offers a competitive salary and fantastic career development options for those who can prove their capabilities and show the commitment to this growing Ship Owner.
Please get in touch with Scott Cook for more information on - Scott.Cook@Matchtech.com or +44 (0) 1489 898 173
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...