- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Project Manager - Construction
Southern Water are looking for experienced project managers to work on capital delivery schemes from their offices in Falmer Brighton.
Key Purpose of the Job
* Full responsibility for the successful delivery of a programme of schemes or projects within an agreed geographic area as measured against certain agreed scope, time, budget, quality customer service and Health & Safety requirements.
* Undertake all duties and responsibilities and exhibit the highest regard to health, safety and the environment.
* Agree handover details with Asset Management, including scope and budget, and understand and agree early involvement responsibilities as required.
* Day to day management of issues relating to delivery of schemes or projects under the post holder's area of responsibility.
* Take a proactive approach to enhancing the customer experience - this will include pre-work communications, prompt ownership and resolution of issues, progress updates, post project reviews and other initiatives,
* Work with the team's planner to obtain or create project programme and maintain an up-to-date version throughout the life of the scheme or project. Ensure that this interfaces with overall Project Programme.
* Work with the team's Contract Administrator to manage costs relating to the scheme or project to ensure that agreed budget is not exceeded.
* Ensure that changes to the project are correctly entered into the change control process and are approved appropriately.
* Ensure individual schemes are completed to meet business targets relating to cost, time, quality and regulatory criteria.
* Ensure that schemes or projects are delivered to the design and specification criteria as specified by Asset Management.
* Agree commissioning, take-over, completion and final certification criteria with Contractors and Operations.
* Ensure completion paperwork is completed in good time.
* Regularly visit site activities and record progress - discuss issues with contractors and agree ways to resolve.
* Monitor resources to ensure relevant skills are available to meet programme needs.
* Report resource issues to senior management.
* Complete management information requirements to support timely and accurate reporting regime within the department.
* Build strong and effective working relationships with contractors, other members of the team, other business contacts and key stakeholders.
* Ensure that risks relating to the post holder's schemes or projects are understood, documented and managed until completion.
* Attendance at meetings as required.
* Relevant Project Management (e.g. APM) or Engineering (e.g. HNC, NVQ) qualification
* Proven Project or Contract Management experience in water or utility industry
* Strong ability to deliver against financial targets and timescales
* Highly organised and able to multi-task
* Proven leadership, team building and communication skills