- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Chief Hardware Specialist
Chief Hardware Engineer with proven experience of growing a Power Electronics Development team, to work with a leading supplier to the Hybrid and Electric Vehicle market.
The Chief Hardware Specialist is the figurehead for 'Hardware Development'. Successful applicants will lead a highly skilled team of hardware specialists and will be responsible for the growth and development of the hardware team. The Chief Hardware Specialist will also be responsible for designing product hardware to satisfy both customer requirements and relevant quality and international standards
- Being figurehead of 'Hardware Development', both internal and external (e.g. customer) facing
- Ensuring the role of the Hardware team can be fulfilled by understanding its needs and by facilitating its requirements
- Leading and mentoring the Hardware team
- The effective line management, operation and development of the Hardware team
- The recruitment and personal development of the team members
- Ensuring that hardware development follows the company hardware and quality procedures
- Reviewing, improving, maintaining and creating hardware development activities
- Hardware development activities including:
- Working with sales, marketing & engineering to define product specs
- Interpret product specifications to produce hardware functional specs
- Hardware design
- Hardware verification and validation
- Documentation of hardware
- Safety of hardware design
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Leading, mentoring, developing and growing a team of hardware engineers
- Creating and applying strong processes to assure quality of hardware design and development
- Power electronics. Ideally one of:
- Motor inverters design and development
- IGBT and MOSFETs and gate driver design
- SMPS, DCDC converters and battery chargers, preferably at power levels >1kW
Desirable experience and skills:
- Automotive product development
- PCB layout and design
- Functional safety analysis, design and validation to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar
- Understanding of motor control techniques
- Analysis skills; FMEAs, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis, etc.
- Development to relevant standards such as REG10, REG100, ISO16750, CISPR 25, EN61800
- Mass production (>10k units per annum)
- Experience with CASE tools (Mentor Graphics (DX Designer, Expedition), SPICE, COMSOL, etc)
- Common microcontroller architectures (Infineon Aurix or XMS family)
- Minimum of BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent 2:1 or higher grade
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?