- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Mechanical Engineer (Fixed Equipment)
Our client are the world's largest publicly-owned energy company. This role is based at a Ethylene Plant near Cowdenbeath, which is one of the largest ethylene plants in Europe with an annual production capacity of 830,000 tonnes.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing mechanical engineering support to the site's operating units. The key responsibilities are to:
* Conduct static equipment fitness for service assessments, developing repair and purchase specifications
* Investigate failures and develop improvement plans
* Provide technicial support to the Maintenance and Projects Departments, as required.
The successful candidate will work within the plant's technicial engineering department. You must possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Ideally candidates will have an engineering degree in mechanical or materials engineering. Candidates who do not hold a degree in mechanical or materials engineering will also be considered where they have a relevant mechanical engineering qualification at HND level or above, can demonstrate on-going professional development / learning over multiple years and have a high degree of relevant experience in a petrochemical inspection role involving pressure systems and Pressure Safety Systems Regulations (PSSR).
Candidates should have an understanding of commonly used design and fabrication codes for pressure vessels and process piping e.g.
o Pressure vessels - ASME VIII
o Piping - ASME B 31.3
o Tanks - API 650
o Fitness for Service - API 579
* Knowledge of, and experience of using, mechanical design tools for pressure vessels and pipework to support design verification and fitness for service assessment.
* At least a basic level of materials engineering knowledge and experience to the extent of being able to aid specification and/or assessment of suitable materials and their fabrication as part of the design or repair process.
Ideally degree qualified
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Mechanical Engineer
- 3 routes you can take into an HS2 engineering career
There’s more than one route you can take to embark on an HS2 career. Which one will you choose?
- Creating a career as a mechanical design engineer
Want to become a mechanical design engineer? Or progress your career within this field? Read our short article with advice f...