- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Highway Engineer to join a leading consultancy in Birmingham.
About the Role
To deliver technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief, including:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, traffic order making, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
- Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approvals.
- Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM responsibilities and of other company procedures.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
- Contributing to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
- Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager and following an agreed development plan
- Assist in the development of others.
We are seeking individuals who understand our values and express commitment to them. We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
The successful candidate will have;
A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Working towards a chartered / incorporated status (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution. Or demonstrable experience.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Have a working knowledge and experience in highways or general civil engineering projects. Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within consultancy business. Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards. Fluent spoken and written English. IT literate able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.