- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Embedded C Sofwtare Engineer to work on Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology projects.
- Design and development of software for motor controllers and supporting peripheral devices for automotive and industrial electric vehicles
- Working with sales, marketing, customers and engineering to define product specifications
- Interpret product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design and documentation
- Functional safety analysis, design and validation
- Coding, testing and debugging
- Support of applications engineering for software design related issues
- Work to company quality and national / international standard
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Real time Embedded Software Engineering
- Requirements analysis
- Verification and validation
- C / other real-time embedded programming languages
Desirable experience and skills:
- UML or other structured design methodologies
- Software engineering for electric motor control applications or electric/hybrid vehicle systems
- Functional safety experience to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
- AUTOSAR or OSEK
- Automotive diagnostic protocols and corresponding tools for UDS (ISO14229) and J1939 diagnostics on CANbus.
- Experience with CASE tools (Configuration management, Requirements management, unit test tools)
- Experience with CAN network based control systems
- Debugging (including emulators, On-Chip-Debug (OCD))
- Experience with unit and integration testing of software.
- Visual C# / C++ / other PC programming languages
- Common microcontroller architectures, (ARM Cortex, Infineon Tricore, Microchip PIC, etc).
- Digital Control (digital signal processing).
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Interest in safety critical engineering and improving work practices to meet challenging new safety standards. Safety critical engineering experience is not mandatory but relevant experience or a desire to improve their skills in this area is preferred.
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
- Relevant professional experience:
Recent graduate for Junior Software Engineer position
Proven experience in an Embedded Software Engineer position
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?