- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is looking to strengthen their Estimating team with a MEICA Estimator based out in Falmer.
You will be given full responsibility for estimating the elements of a multi-million pound Design & Build Framework. Working predominantly on M&E and Civil Engineering projects within the Water sector. You will be working on multiple projects.
The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M.
You will report directly to the Estimating Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
* Working within a team in the Estimating/Commercial Department with colleagues to successfully estimate all packages of work on clean & wastewater projects, Infra & non-Infra
* Co-ordinate and liaise with designers, suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and in-house resources.
* Review design scope and MEICA specifications and drawings to ensure the designers, subcontractors and suppliers are compliant and meet the requirements of the client.
* Involvement in the selection of the subcontractors and suppliers for each project to ensure that the most suited subcontractors/Suppliers are invited to provide quotations.
* Production of detailed activity schedules/BOQ's from designers specifications and drawings covering all aspects of the MEICA related activities and in accordance with the Clients cost capture system.
* Carry out a detailed analysis of the subcontract packages to ensure the scope is fully allowed for and identify any additional requirements
* Obtain accurate quotations from Mechanical and Electrical installation specialists who are approved contractors and Framework suppliers for the client
* Liaison with the supply chain partners to ensure best engineering practice and best value to the client
* Assess subcontractor quotations to ensure compliance against scope and specifications and ability to negotiate the tender price from suppliers and subcontractors
* Ability to price all or some aspects of the works bottom up using agreed standardised rates/first principles
* Consider site safety, health and environmental issues and identify and include costs within the project target cost as necessary.
* Production of target cost workbooks for price submission to internal senior management team and the client
* Ensure the delivery team understand the technical and commercial aspects of the project and key programme issues, to meet the expectations of the client
* Capacity to manage and prioritise a high volume of work that requires completion within tight timeframes to meet the demands of the contract and the timely completion of multiple concurrent tenders with a fast turnaround in a Framework Environment.
Knowledge and understanding of mechanical equipment relating to sewage and water treatment works.
* Knowledge and understanding of LV switchgear, instrumentation, control and automation including SLD's and block cable diagrams .
* Knowledge and understanding of sewage treatment processes, water treatment processes and pumping systems.
* Proven experience producing bottom up Mechanical and electrical Estimates within water / process industry .
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng or NVQ equivalent or working experience in the water industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...