- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client requires a broad based Infrastructure Design Engineer to join their team in Birmingham Office.
You will be required to deliver design packages for land development infrastructure and work within an integrated roads, drainage and drawing design environment under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in the design of development infrastructure - roads and drainage
- Experience of the design of S.38, S.104 and S.278 works
- Experience in the use of DMRB and Sewers for Adoption
- Experience of MCHW and CESWI Specifications
- Experience in the use of PDS, Microdrainage and AutoCAD design software
- Experience in design of SuDS train elements
- Experience in the design and detailing of building drainage and external works packages
- Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review
- Experience of the housing and development markets and providing broad technical support to the Masterplanning process
- Experience in ground modelling and re-profiling
- Experience in the use of Auto CAD Civils 3D software
- Experience in one or more of the following: Flood Risk Assessment, Drainage Strategy, land drainage
You will be responsible for:
- The production of infrastructure design packages
- Ensuring your work complies with Design Risk Assessments, health and safety and environmental requirements
- Provide support to the project manager and other members of the team
- Providing support to other design teams
- Implement and comply with Business Management and drawing office systems
- Maintaining your knowledge of current design and regulatory standards
- You will possess the following:
- The ability to work to time and cost budgets
- Good communications skills
- A willingness to work with Clients and their project teams
- Good presentation skills
- Good report writing skills
- A flexible approach to work
- A willingness to take on duties in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Infrastucture
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...