- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Engineer - Software Architect Specialist
Embedded Software Engineer with experience of Architectural Design, required for a leading Automotive company in the North East.
Software specialists will be required to work as part of a team of engineers, developing software for use in real time automotive applications. Work covers all parts of the software lifecycle, from developing new ideas and concepts, and requirements capture through to final testing and entering into production
Software specialists are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. The majority if the work is centred on the development of new ideas and fitting them into the Gen 5 architecture, which will require a large amount of creative thinking. The final software will be running in a safety critical system, so must be proven to be reliable to a high degree of rigour. The ability to spot potential problems and perform adequate testing at all levels of abstraction is essential
The role requires specialisation in software architectural design
- Working with sales, marketing and engineering to define product specifications
- Interpret customer and product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design
- Software safety
- Documentation of architecture and high level design
- Ensuring compliance with processes required ASPICE and ISO26262
- Ensuring that software design follows company software and quality procedures
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Experience in development of real-time embedded software using C programming language
- Knowledge of or experience of working with the Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) development framework
- Experience with requirements capture and management
- Experience with MISRA coding standards
- Dealing with real time operating systems
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience of developing to ISO26262 or related safety standards
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with other vehicle networking technologies such as FlexRAY, CAN FD, or vehicle ethernet
- Understanding of common microcontroller DSP architectures, such as Infineon Aurix
- Debugging on real-time embedded systems
- MATLAB and SimuLink
- Enthusiastic, flexible, honest, and keen approach to learning etc.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team of likeminded engineers
- Demonstrate resilience under pressure
- Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science/ Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2:1 or higher grade
Relevant professional experience:
- Recent graduate for junior software engineer position
- Proven experience in a software engineer position
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems