- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a contract basis.
- To advise project management on all contractual, value, cost and contract time problems as they arise
- To assist with and/or prepare contractual claims
- To cost variations, trends and extra works in accordance with company and client requirements
- To prepare valuations and ensure payments are received on projects in accordance with contract conditions
- To prepare escalation calculations on certain projects in accordance with contract conditions
- To monitor sub-contractors accounts and advise Project Managers on settlement of variations and claims
- To advise Purchasing Department on terms and conditions of subcontracts
- To approve sub-contracts issued by Purchasing Department via the Senior QS for accuracy and quality against Company standards
- Preparation and issue of Consortium Agreements at Tender Stages using Company standards
- To develop and monitor all cost data required to control a project from award to final completion as agreed with the Project Manager
- To notify Project Managers of deviations in time and cost
- To plan and provide Project Management with the means to control time and cost at the required level and detail for the effective execution of the project
- To ensure cost effective procedures effectively maintain construction cost from the start of construction activities to completion.
- To ensure a standard of quality of cost reporting, analysing and forecasting of project performance for company and client management
- To assess the effect of all deviations, trends, variations from project budget and schedule, at the earliest possible time, for evaluation and remedial action by Project Managers
- To use and develop effective computer programmes to control and forecast cost changes due to schedule or trend forecasts
- To provide empirical data from the project execution in continually updating and evaluating department statistic
- To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy
- Any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying (or other relevant discipline)
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...