- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Microwave Assembly Technician
Our client, a leading supplier into the Aeronautical industry, are currently looking for Microwave Assembly Technicians to join them on contract based out of their site in Luton.
Working within Manufacturing & Supply chain at Luton site, within a design for manufacture and production environment. Electro Mechanical assembly and repair of Production hardware to "MIL-STD" quality standard and various development hardware. The candidate is required to exhibit a good technical knowledge and a practical "hands-on skill set". Core Technician skills, problem solving and continuous improvement are also a necessity. Role will involve working in a clean room environment with up to 70% of the time spent on manual dexterity fine detailed work under a high power microscope.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To attain target hours and support the production schedule by keeping rework to a minimum. Identify improvements in process and yield.
- Maintain a clean working area and comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
- Keep Familiar and remain compliant with clean room and ESD disciplines.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and legal requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Experience in a range of hybrid microelectronic assembly techniques including device attachment methods and interconnection techniques, MMIC attach & wire, tape and ball bonding.
- General RF microwave assembly.
- Certified to JST001,IPC610, IPC-7711/21
- Ability to carry out both repeat production and varied one off types of work (prototypes).
- Attention to detail and pride in workmanship.
- Should be an effective communicator at all levels as you will be expected to liaise with as Industrial Engineering, Production Planning & Engineering.
- Previous experience of military and aerospace products
- Previous manual and auto-bonder experience.
- Previous Surface mount experience.
Intrinsic Job Factors
Although predominately site based, the role may require some travel and driving for example to visit suppliers or test facilities, this is unlikely to be a regular occurrence however may be necessary as and when business needs dictate and would have occasional overnight stays. Occasionally the role will be required to support tight deadlines to meet the needs of business requirements.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...