- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to work with an award winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy projects include large and small scale new-build developments, as well as listed, historic, and refurbishment projects nationwide.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with clients, and other professional staff across the business groups and externally
- Support in the management of projects from feasibility to delivery
- Ensure the delivery of high quality detailed design
- Ensuring high quality delivery in design through QA checks
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary teams to provide coordinated engineering design solutions
- Attending site and project meetings as required
- The ability to carry out design work with a minimum of supervision
- The ability to plan, organise, and manage small projects or work packages of larger projects under the direction of senior staff
- Assist in the development/mentoring of junior team members to reach their full potential as well as continuing to focus on your own CPD.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills:
- A detailed understanding of structural and building design standards (BS and Eurocodes)
- In-depth working knowledge of analysis & design software (e.g. TEDDS / SCIA / FEA packages) - training will be given where necessary.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment would be highly regarded
- Working towards Chartered status with the IStructE or ICE
- Be able to communicate fluently and able to present effectively technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience of planning and scheduling work to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, etc)
- Good communication skills with the ability to write coherently and respond with clear answers on areas of work
- Experience of developing structural designs within a BIM (Revit) environment would be highly regarded.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Design Engineer
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?
- Rail jobs on the rise for engineers considering working on HS2
The new vision for a £286m revamp of Birmingham International station has been unveiled and it promises thousands of job opp...