- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Supply Chain Specialist
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense andCanadian Coast Guard
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, we are looking for energetic and mature individuals to fill Supply Chain Specialist vacancies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Having the ability to manage and control the supply chain activity of a commodity group to improve the required deliveries of equipment & services - meeting cost, quality and stakeholder requests.
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- Negotiate contracts and long term agreements.
- Execution of negotiated contract through the companies' ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Develop and implement commodity sourcing strategies.
- Develop and maintain high performing suppliers and supplier relationships.
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity).
- Lead Integrated strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier selection.
- Support new product introduction activities including solicitation of vendor furnished information.
- Interface with other members of the supply chain, production & engineering teams.
- Understand worldwide supply base for commodity groups.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes.
A competitive candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Strong negotiation skills and proven ability to negotiate complex contracts of high $ value
- Excellent verbal and written communication - the preferred candidate should have the communication skills and expertise to instill confidence from a variety of stakeholders including supply chain peers and company executive.
- Assimilate and interpret technical information in the context of supplier contracts.
- Be able to work with suppliers to build and leverage a strong partnership, leading to satisfaction from both parties.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (eg: Business)
- Knowledge and understanding of world class SCM practices
- Purchasing designation (eg: SCMP, MCIPS, ISM) will be considered an asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...