- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal Electrical Engineer - Rail
A challenging opportunity for an experience Senior Electrical Engineer to take the next step up to Principal level or an existing Principal Electrical Engineer looking for a new challenges, then this could be for you.
About the role:
Your role as a Principal Electrical Engineer will be to design and manage the delivery of electrical building services projects to ensure they fully meet the client's requirements. You'll work with our Transport and Civils teams to deliver electrical infrastructure and lighting projects.
In return you can get a competitive salary and flexible benefits package which includes contributory pension plan, travel allowance, healthcare plus a flexible benefits allowance.
- Work with a multidisciplinary project teams to manage all internal aspects of the program delivery. This may also include regular and proactive communication with other PBA multi-disciplinary design team members
- Produce outline design, scheme design, and detailed design reports including drawings and specifications
- Work with the client and management of PBA to develop a detailed project brief and reports of their electrical building services requirements
- Organise regular team meetings, and monitor resource and progress
- Take a proactive role in influencing the design of the buildings and systems in relation to efficient services integration and building energy performance
- Integrate the demands of sustainability into the project
- Ensure the successful completion of the physical construction of the project to ensure progress and quality
Requirements for the role:
- Ideally Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong knowledge of Electrical Engineering systems, such as Dialux and Amtech
- Knowledge and understanding of the wider built environment and all the associated design influences.
- An understanding of construction procurement strategies.
- Appreciation and experience of the Technical Standards, planning policies and relevant British standards.
- Experience and knowledge of TfL and London Underground would be an advantage.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...