- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Lead Project Engineer (Cooling Systems)
A new opportunity with a leading Automotive company in the West Midlands has become available. They are looking for an experience Lead Project Engineer to join their powertrain department.
- Responsible for the delivery of Pre-PSC Cooling hardware, layout, objectives, work with the Vehicle Packaging and Technical Specialist to develop feasible design assumptions for future cooling components & systems.
- Work with Product Strategy and the Vehicle team to set up an aligned set of initial product assumptions to act as the foundation for developing the project
- Define Powertrain system, confirm initial CAD designs & package, ensuring technical targets are met & compatible
- Manage programme tracking documentation closely monitoring financial, technical/functional and package status to targets, driving inputs from the module leaders
- Create and present programme plans & status documentation to key meeting forums both within and outside Powertrain
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Product Development processes and principles are essential in order to support the review and approval of feasible product actions to ensure robust implementation and compatibility with downstream systems through to production.
- Capable of visualising in 3 dimensions - Ideally 3D Software literate - Experience with NX/Catia/Solidworks/Teamcenter/Vismockup or equivalent
- Self motivated and driven
- Liaise with vehicle programme teams to agree system targets (quality, function, cost, weight) and define system content.
- Work with Suppliers and CAD team to manage delivery of cooling components & system on time, to agreed targets and within budget (Piece, Tooling and D&D).
- Lead the quality planning activities including component FMEA and Design Rules and Standards
- Drive Module Business Team Technical Meetings to resolve issues in the delivery of cooling components & system.
- Manage the resolution of technical issues through the AIMs system.
- Support System Strategy and project target conflicts to resolution.
- Lead the Validation Plan and ensure it meets appropriate programme gateways and monitor progress against the plan.
- Develop and manage Component Timing Plans to ensure programme milestones are met.
- Engineering degree 2:1 or equivalent.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing demands
- This role interfaces with many other COC's and suppliers and will required a person who is highly driven with clear goals.
- Sound understanding of the Design and Development Process
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Project Management and a strong disciplined approach to engineering delivery - ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production.
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing suppliers.
- Cooling or Powertrain experience.
- Experience of pressure charged engine systems.
- Knowledge of PTSE Component/System design ( including plastics ) would be beneficial.
- Product Development experience and/or awareness.
- Experience and working knowledge of FMA processes.
- Able to demonstrate ability to plan and deliver components or systems from concept to production.
Applicant must have valid UK work authorisation
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Sevcon begin search for skilled engineering technicians and test engineers
Electric vehicle innovator Sevcon has announced an initial recruitment drive for 20 skilled engineers has begun - a number...
- Spring Budget 2017: an engineering perspective
In the first of two Budget statements this year, Chancellor Phillip Hammond updated the nation on the Government's spending...