- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
C/C++ Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a successful and growing team of Embedded Software Engineers, to work using C or C++ development within the Wireless Communications domain.
The opportunity sits within a team of Embedded Development Engineers working within RTOS environments using C or C+, and the ideal candidate will get the chance to work at the cutting edge of wireless communications and on the next generation of remote access networks, across a range of sectors including Smart Grids, Public Safety, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The ideal candidate has experience of some of the following:
- Degree in Electronics/Computer Science/Telecommunication related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Good programming skills in Linux environment using C/C++ for Linux based target systems with Object Orientated Design methodology and tools (UML)
- Embedded software development for 3/4G systems: LTE, WiMAX, UMTS, WiFi, WiGig
- Development of Real Time Embedded Linux Systems on SBCs and SoC based platforms
- Working knowledge of networking - Layer 2 and Layer 3, 802.3, 802.1, IPv4 and IPv6
- Good verbal and written communication skills including design documentation
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in embedded RT SW development as specified
- Extensive experience and strong skills in at least two of the following domains:
- LTE UE SW development and integration, LTE protocols and debug tools
- Security architecture and protocols: secure boot/Linux, SSL, AES, X509
- Board support package, Linux kernel drivers, uboot
- Embedded GUI, HTML, Java, Java script, embedded WEB servers
- Management protocols: SNMP, TR69, MIB
- RF subsystem, licensed/unlicensed bands, microwave, GPS, IEEE1588
- SBC/SoC platforms: TI66xx, ARM, Freescale
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch.
Popular fields of work
- Engineers predict great things for rail in 2017
Our recent Voice of the Workforce survey showed that perceptions of the rail sector are positively positive. Read on to find...
- Matchtech launches report on engineering workforce
Today sees the launch of the Engineering: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 2...
Top in Engineering
- What the General Election & Queen’s Speech means for engineers
What do recent political events mean for engineers in the UK? Find out from five of our in-house specialists.
- A lifetime of engineering
Ahead of the Queen’s birthday celebrations, we reflect on the key engineering breakthroughs which have been made during her...