- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
C/C++ Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a successful and growing team of Embedded Software Engineers, to work using C or C++ development within the Wireless Communications domain.
The opportunity sits within a team of Embedded Development Engineers working within RTOS environments using C or C+, and the ideal candidate will get the chance to work at the cutting edge of wireless communications and on the next generation of remote access networks, across a range of sectors including Smart Grids, Public Safety, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The ideal candidate has experience of some of the following:
- Degree in Electronics/Computer Science/Telecommunication related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Good programming skills in Linux environment using C/C++ for Linux based target systems with Object Orientated Design methodology and tools (UML)
- Embedded software development for 3/4G systems: LTE, WiMAX, UMTS, WiFi, WiGig
- Development of Real Time Embedded Linux Systems on SBCs and SoC based platforms
- Working knowledge of networking - Layer 2 and Layer 3, 802.3, 802.1, IPv4 and IPv6
- Good verbal and written communication skills including design documentation
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in embedded RT SW development as specified
- Extensive experience and strong skills in at least two of the following domains:
- LTE UE SW development and integration, LTE protocols and debug tools
- Security architecture and protocols: secure boot/Linux, SSL, AES, X509
- Board support package, Linux kernel drivers, uboot
- Embedded GUI, HTML, Java, Java script, embedded WEB servers
- Management protocols: SNMP, TR69, MIB
- RF subsystem, licensed/unlicensed bands, microwave, GPS, IEEE1588
- SBC/SoC platforms: TI66xx, ARM, Freescale
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?