- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Senior Biomedical Scientist - Blood Sciences
We are currently looking for a Senior Biomedical Scientist with Blood Sciences experience to work for a leading private healthcare provider based in Manchester.
We currently have a vacancy in our Blood Science Laboratory for a Senior Biomedical Scientist. The job will entail working in Haematology, Transfusion, Biochemistry and Virology. Experience of Transfusion is desirable but full training will be given to the successful candidate.
We are looking for someone who is qualified with a BSc degree and HCPC registered, which would allow the individual to be eligible for Associate Membership of the IBMS.
The post is 37.5 hours a week multidiscipline to work both during the week and at weekends to cover on call duties with the team to cover the pathology opening hours. The post holder may be required to work across sites at both Wirral and Leeds.
The successful applicant will be a flexible, highly motivated individual and strong team player who is fully committed to providing 24 hour patient care. In return the department will support professional development within an agreed personal development plan.
The post holder will be expected to help transition from CPA to UKAS and help maintain a busy national reference centre. You will plan, analyse, assess and report pathology investigations, ensuring the pathology service is provided in an accurate, efficient and cost effective manner. You will help develop plans to improve the service. You must be able to think swiftly to recognise urgent cases and liaise with Critical Care, Consultants and Theatre staff to provide excellent clinical care.
- Develop practice including investigation and reporting, within your areas of specialist expertise.
- Analyse, interpret and report information and knowledge related to ideas and concepts.
- Develop and evaluate the movement of laboratory specimens and blood.
- Assist with research and development.
- Develop practice in the application of technology for measuring and monitoring pathology investigations, within your specialist area of expertise.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.