- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electrical Total Delivered Cost Champion
Are you looking for your next role within Automotive? Well, a new exiciting opportunity for an Electrical Total Delivered Cost Champion has become available at a leading Automotive company in the West Midlands
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the evaluation, validation and implementation of cost saving ideas within their function / PMT.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Contribute to the generation of TDC ideas by supporting the planning and delivery of Idea Generation events.
- Oversee Idea Owners in his / her function, ensure ideas move from initiation (IL1) to full implementation (IL5) as effectively & quickly as possible, leveraging support from colleagues in his / her function, and from other TDC Champions;
- Allocate / request appropriate resource to ensure priority TDC ideas are implemented and savings are maximized;
- For new ideas:
- ensure an Idea Owner is allocated, an Idea A3 Sheet is completed and evaluated, and the idea is entered into WAVE.
- ensure an Idea's potential savings impact, investment and required resources are understood;
- In WAVE, an implementation plan and Milestones exists
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a commodity delivery or project management role.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
- Proactive approach to resolving issues.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives.
- Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry.
- A successful candidate must hit the ground running within a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work. The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office toolset.
- Should have good presentation skills.
- Ability to develop recovery plans where necessary.
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have direct experience of working with the relevant products.
- Engineering degree 2:1 or higher, or alternatively an equivalent qualification.
- Communicate status in his / her function on a weekly basis
If this is of interest to you, please get in touch to find out more information.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems