- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Electrical Total Delivered Cost Champion
Are you looking for your next role within Automotive? Well, a new exiciting opportunity for an Electrical Total Delivered Cost Champion has become available at a leading Automotive company in the West Midlands
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the evaluation, validation and implementation of cost saving ideas within their function / PMT.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Contribute to the generation of TDC ideas by supporting the planning and delivery of Idea Generation events.
- Oversee Idea Owners in his / her function, ensure ideas move from initiation (IL1) to full implementation (IL5) as effectively & quickly as possible, leveraging support from colleagues in his / her function, and from other TDC Champions;
- Allocate / request appropriate resource to ensure priority TDC ideas are implemented and savings are maximized;
- For new ideas:
- ensure an Idea Owner is allocated, an Idea A3 Sheet is completed and evaluated, and the idea is entered into WAVE.
- ensure an Idea's potential savings impact, investment and required resources are understood;
- In WAVE, an implementation plan and Milestones exists
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a commodity delivery or project management role.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
- Proactive approach to resolving issues.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives.
- Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry.
- A successful candidate must hit the ground running within a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work. The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office toolset.
- Should have good presentation skills.
- Ability to develop recovery plans where necessary.
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have direct experience of working with the relevant products.
- Engineering degree 2:1 or higher, or alternatively an equivalent qualification.
- Communicate status in his / her function on a weekly basis
If this is of interest to you, please get in touch to find out more information.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- What the General Election & Queen’s Speech means for engineers
What do recent political events mean for engineers in the UK? Find out from five of our in-house specialists.
- A lifetime of engineering
Ahead of the Queen’s birthday celebrations, we reflect on the key engineering breakthroughs which have been made during her...