- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Electronic Design Engineer
Cubic are looking for an Electronics design engineer to work on the intelligent transportation systems team. Cubic are best known for being the tech and service provider for Londons oyster card systems.
Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic, we love to solve problems and give travellers choices in how to pay their fares quickly and safely through our revenue management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems and tools. We enable transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network - all in real time. We continually strive for innovation and improvement in the overall user experience through faster fare payment and efficient information management. Our track record in revenue management, real-time passenger information and intelligent traffic management systems is built on our commitment to delivering innovative, open and customer-focused solutions. Delivering end-to-end systems and services based on innovation, scalability, specialist integration and the flexibility to grow with changing requirements and emerging technology for the complete mobility network is what Cubic does best. We deliver to the major cities around the world and in the United Kingdom we are best known as the technology and service provider for London's Oyster Card System. As an employer, we are committed to investing in our people via learning and development schemes, social events and achieving a good work/life balance.
Job Title: Senior Electronics Design Engineer
To provide support in the sustaining team by creating solutions to field issues or obsolete components, this may involve design, simulation, test and documenting the electronics and electrical engineering aspects of Cubic's products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for electrical, electronic engineering to fulfil customer or development requirements, through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
- Ensure good communications both verbal and written are maintained with Management with regular reporting of problems and resources required to meet planned objectives.
- Ensure good communication with other groups, Software, Systems, System Test, etc.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals - for maximum cost effectiveness on the particular project.
- Liaise with all Production, Engineering and QA staff on electrical engineering matters, including assistance if requested.
- Comply with Cubic's values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.Skills/Experience/Knowledge
- Minimum Job Requirements:
- Significant experience in an Electronic Design Environment.
- Designing products for an industrial/harsh environment
- Experience of writing technical documentation.
- Recent experience of using Altium.
- Embedded design experience.
- Experience of designing products to thermal constraints.
- IVVQ experience of products.
- Working in a commercial environment.
- Extensive experience in an Electronic Design Environment
- Experience of using SAP
- Experience of using DOORs
- DFM and DFT experience.
- Experience of using Hyperlinx simulation tool.
- Experience designing products using Gbit Ethernet, USB, SPI and I2C.
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing revenue collection equipment, vending machines or similar equipment would be highly desirable.
- Experience of using OrCad.
- Personal Qualities:
- Be able to work well as part of a team of engineers of all experience levels, as well as work independently and with little supervision if required.
- Be a self-starter and with a drive to develop skills through prescribed training and on the job learning.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, adapting style to recognise the technical knowledge of the audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Electronics Engineer
- Meet the SCADA engineer who stops your bag getting lost at the airport
Have you ever wondered how your luggage gets from the baggage drop to the plane? Meet the engineer who makes sure you’re reu...