- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Hydraulic Modellers - River and Flooding
My client currently has opportunities for Principal and Senior Hydraulic Modellers (River and Urban Flooding) within their Water Environment team.
You will be working on projects for the Environment, Local Authorities and some private sector clients. Responsibilities include:
- Providing a Technical Lead role on projects involving modelling including flood mapping studies, surface water management plans, flood strategies and other flood management projects.
- Providing company-wide expertise in development of hydraulic model (1D, 2D and possibly 3D) for fluvial, coastal and urban applications.
- Supervising and assisting junior modellers within the Rivers team
- Writing and reviewing technical reports
- Project Managing modelling projects, assuming delivery on time and within budget
Extensive experience in implementing 1D and 2D modelling techniques for river, urban and coastal flooding applications Excellent knowledge and practice of the following modelling software: ISIS, Tuflow and Infoworks ICM Good supervising and leadership skills Proficiency in using GIS software such as Mapinfo/ArcGIS Good report writing and presentation skills Experience of liaising with clients and managing projects Relevant degree
- Experience of flood risk management techniques and methods including option appraisals Experience of hydraulic modelling for other applications such as water quality, wave overtopping, pollutant dispersion, 3D modelling Experience of hydrological calculations Experience of urban drainage Gained CIWEM / ICE accreditation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.