- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
This is an immediate requirement for a Project Manager to lead the Electronics, Systems and Software Projects within a major Defence technology business.
The successful Project Manager will have project management experience in delivering projects across Electronics, Software or Systems. You will have core experience meeting schedule and budget requirements, risk management, costs and delivery.
Desirable experience would be working in the Defence, Aerospace or Automotive industries.
- Managing projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the Company directives.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Experience in project managing engineering development projects in the Defence sector.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects from concept to delivery and closure.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Electronics/ Systems/Software Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience.
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP / Prince 2 etc.
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Electronics
- Meet the SCADA engineer who stops your bag getting lost at the airport
Have you ever wondered how your luggage gets from the baggage drop to the plane? Meet the engineer who makes sure you’re reu...