- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
A leading OEM are recruiting for a Controls Technician to work on a 3 night weekend shift.
Control Technician - Weekend Night Shift - Fri/Sat/Sun 6pm-6am.
Salary Plus Shift Allowance - £41160
To provide technical support for all manufacturing operations (machining, assembly & logistics). Modify software and systems in a controlled manner to enhance and sustain production activities in the manufacturing operations environment.
Responsibility for Objectives
- Manufacturing Operations Software & Support Systems to ensure that they are in line with relevant standards, operate systems effectively and efficiently.
- Manage system data storage & maintain high level of standards
- Project management skills to improve cost, quality and efficiency
- Provide single point of contact for maintenance teams during time of facility failure to ensure processes achieve required targets
- Support to all technologies and maintenance changes ensuring effective and timely support to the companies expected working practice
- Deliver world-class levels of maintenance.
Deliver and maintain function of machine technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Operational experience in a technical environment applicable to manufacturing systems.
- To have knowledge of system software development activity together with machine process understanding.
- Manufacturing operation process knowledge with high level of understanding of soft and hardware.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. HNC, Membership of Professional Institution).
- Minimum of four year apprenticeship in an electrical/mechanical discipline.
- Ideally experienced in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Preferable knowledge with high volume production machinery.
- Knowledge of various lean manufacturing methods is advantageous.