- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Systems Integration and Safety Manager
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Coast Guard.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax NS.
- Lead and manage the following areas of Systems Engineering: interfaces, systems, and equipment common to both Systems and the Platform (for example, compressed air, ship's power, cooling water). Serve as the program's Subject Matter Expert in the applicable standards related to the above interfaces, systems, and equipment.
- Serve as technical point of contact for shock standards and related testing and be the subject matter expert related to shock qualification requirements as specified in applicable standards.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise related to all systems and platforms required on a naval warship.
- The candidate should demonstrate knowledge and ability to lead efforts in Human Systems Integration in general and by providing oversight to the subcontractor for the preparation and delivery of the Human Systems Integration Program Plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify hardware, firmware, and software interfaces for systems and be knowledgeable of the identified system interfaces, understand the data protocols, and interface controls within the interfaces.
Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Experience serving in a major acquisition project/program
- Leadership experience
- Ideally a BS Degree in a Science or Engineering Field (Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering, etc.)
- Master's Degree (MBA, MS, etc.) preferred.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...