- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Marine Systems Engineer
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Marine Systems Engineer will be responsible for engineering activities relating to shipboard auxiliary machinery and associated piping systems for the Project. The Marine Systems Engineer will report to the Team Leader, Auxiliary Machinery.
- Participate in the development of auxiliary systems design processes and procedures
- Participate in defining auxiliary systems requirements
- Assists with facilitating and overseeing subcontractor development of design deliverables and technical purchase specifications relating to auxiliary systems
- Assist with change management associated with auxiliary systems and related marine systems
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the design
- Participate in negotiations with equipment and material vendors
- Support the review of auxiliary systems content in technical design reviews
- Assist in developing and implementing test plans, procedures, and requirements verification tracking
- Support the final project close out of all documentation updates and development of user manuals relating to auxiliary systems
- Address risk items relating to the Auxiliary Machinery Team areas of responsibility, including identification and risk mitigation planning
- Interface with shipyard production and planning teams to ensure the auxiliary system design products adequately reflect facility limitations, capabilities, and build methodology.
- Propose design and process improvements related to vessel producability, shipyard safety, and production performance
- Participate in negotiations with vendors
- Develop and foster client and subcontractor relationships
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding , or other large military procurement program
- Experience working with classification society rules and classification societies to achieve plan approval for shipboard auxiliary systems
- Experience with auxiliary systems including, fuel systems, lube oil systems, hydraulic systems, compressed air systems, raw salt water cooling systems, freshwater systems, sludge systems, bilge and ballast systems, firemain systems, steering systems, piping design and other similar shipboard systems.
- Familiar with naval areas of shock and ship signatures and the impacts on systems design
- Familiar with system design for redundancy, distributed systems, and graceful degradation to support system and ship survivability
- Experience working within an Integrated Business Management Environment (IBME) that includes an integrated suite of software customized for design and construction including 3D modeling software, catalogue management, planning, and construction management
- Experience interfacing and working with subcontractors
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) work structure
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.