- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Assistant Civil Engineer (WWTW)
Our client are looking to strengthen their Water team to support the delivery of a wide variety of projects within a multidisciplinary design team delivering for several key clients in the Water Industry.
Roles are available at Assistant Engineer level to work alongside and to support senior Water staff in our Birmingham office.
Outline of role
* Work within agreed deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy
* Input to technical elements of the Project Management Plan
* Finalis project checking and approval arrangements
* Work on design inputs; submit RFI requests via the Project Manager
* Produce design deliverables (inc. inter alia calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc) to achieve the optimum engineering solution for the project
* Work within project checking and approval arrangements
* Assess, document and communicate design change to the Project Manager
* Participate in technical reviews
* Attend internal project review meetings
* Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions where applicable and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate
Health & Safety
* Work within statutory and company Health and Safety requirements relating to the individual designs/tasks being undertaken and in consultation with the line manager/team leader.
* Recognised academic qualifications, Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent.
* To be working towards a recognised professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies
* Strong interpersonal / team working skills
* Knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics, geotechnical and structural design
* Familiarity with relevant software packages such as MS Office etc.
* Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
* Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
* Take responsibility for personal development
* Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
* Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
* Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
* Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...