- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client is currently looking for a Highways Inspector to join their Street works and Highways team in Essex.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in providing a first class service to customers
- Completing inspections of the highway network
- Helping to ensure that all defects are dealt with in accordance with the strategies and policies of the company and national requirements. (This will include both scheduled and ad hoc inspections undertaken by motor vehicle and on foot or bicycle as required.)
- The post holder will take ownership of the allocated area
- To deal with any highway and street works enforcement issues to ensure public safety and assist with the completion of accident reports.
- Use latest mobile technology to ensure accurate and timely recording of inspections and ensure attention to detail when raising job orders to ensure safety of the travelling public.
- The post holder will engage with contractor's staff, customers both internal and external to the Council including the public.
Requirements / Experience:
- Able to prioritise and organise your own workload and be a team player
- Knowledge and experience of highway inspections, maintenance and elements of Street works will be advantageous
- Excellent customer skills to maintain the highest standards within the team and keep abreast of new national and local directives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be necessary
- Able to work to tight deadlines and be methodical in your approach
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.