- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is looking for a Hydrologist in their Manchester office. They are keen to see CV's of candidates with extensive use of flood modelling software.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- A good first degree (upper second or higher) in a numerate discipline.
- A good working knowledge of flood risk regulation and planning requirements.
- A good understanding of environmental processes (e.g. hydrological or coastal) and hydraulic modelling principles.
- Experience in the use of hydraulic models.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Confident and clear communicator.
- Experience in the use of 2D hydraulic modelling.
- Use of GIS packages to analyse problems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...