- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
Project Engineer SAP
Our client are looking to grow their team of Project Engineers, due to an uplift in workloads. Candidates will cover Surrey, Sussex and Kent regions on long term contracts. Candidates will need 33kv or 132kv SAP authorisations and experience.
The Project Engineer will ensure delivery of Capital works Construction projects, NAMP and Connections as directed by the Construction Manager and oversee and facilitate the management of substation and cabling construction works as required. The position holder will Manage and coordinate Network outages and will provide Safety from the system. He/she will work with team members to ensure high standards of safety management are maintained throughout all activities during the delivery of the engineering tasks in accordance with the UK Power Networks Stay Safe initiative.
- Delivery of the Construction programmes for the UK Power Networks owned assets operating at voltages through the range 400V to 132kV
- Work with the Project Mangers to ensure that all programmes of work are delivered to time, budget and quality drivers
- As a team member work to ensure that UK Power Networks ambitions are achieved especially in the areas of Staff engagement and Client satisfaction
- Adherence to UK Power Networks Operations and Procedures
- Operation of HV Distribution Protection Systems
- Testing and Commissioning of HV Distribution System
- Maintenance of the Control and Protection Systems
- Ensuring compliance with CDM and UK Power Networks Health and Safety policies
- Developing site specific H,S & E procedures
- Compliance with UK Power Networks quality policies
- Operate and update Asset database in respect of project activities
- Responsible for both reactive and planned construction activities
- Carry out fault investigation and repairs as required
- Modifying equipment and drawings to ensure the efficient operation of the substations
- Ensuring the compliance with the distribution safety rules during all activities
- Active supervision of all contractors/staff working on site
- Undertake additional activities commensurate with the job level and competency
- Co-ordinate day to day construction and maintenance activities with Client / Principal Contractor's ensuring programmes are met
- Obtain quotations from suppliers and raise Purchase Order request in coordination with Finance & Governance team
- Change Management - ensure early warning notices etc. are brought to the attention of the Project Manager / Commercial Manager & Stakeholders
- Provide technical support and act as appoint of reference for the Construction team
- When deputising for the Construction Manager deliver team briefings, give feed-back where necessary
- Identify potential project risks/opportunities (raise awareness within team/company)
- Proactively seeking continuous improvement
- Working unsocial hours when required to respond to faults on system
- Assist the Construction Manager in the development of the ongoing NAMP
- Represent UKPN when required at meetings with clients and contractors
- When undertaking engineering activities manage the team of employees and contractors for the successful delivery
- When undertaking engineering activities manage the compliance with all H&S procedures such as Putting People to Work and Distribution Safety Rules
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior Authorised Person as defined by the Distribution Safety Rules - Preferable 132kV or 33kV.
- Experience in distribution systems through the range 400v to 132kV
- Educated to a minimum HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of distribution HV Systems
- Knowledge of Building Services Systems
- Ability to read schematic drawings and understand content
- Ability to work in different environments
- Excellent analytical, organisation & planning skills
- Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
- Hold full driving licence
- Ability to work independently as a member of a team.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, MS Project and other bespoke software packages
- A broad understanding of UK Power Networks directorates
- To possess strong and persuasive negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to manage time and to meet deadlines
- To be skilful in decision making
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant Safety Qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH
- Knowledge of Construction Design and Management Regulations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- The young engineers with winning careers
Every year we sponsor the Transport for London (TfL) Graduate Awards, an event celebrating the abilities and achievements of...
- 16,000 jobs to be created for HS2 route
£6.6bn in contracts has been awarded by the government for the construction of the London to Birmingham high-speed railway a...