- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Communications Systems Engineer
We are now recruiting for a defence client in Bristol for a Communication Systems Engineer to work on a 6 monthly contract basis.
Communications Systems Engineer - Bristol - 6 months - Up to £48.00p/h
System Engineering Support Engineer for Data Link Communications Sub-System Development covering support to the following areas:
* Link 16 Network design and performance assessment;
* Data link communications sub-system architecture;
* Design module development;
* Requirements management;
* Communications sub-system behaviour model;
* Data link and aircraft Interoperability assessment;
* Customer Working Groups as required (primarily Communications Sub-Working Group);
* Coordinate with MoD to establish network design in support of network enabled connectivity/weapons (NEC/NEW).
- Sound understanding of Systems engineering process and use of systems methods and tools; including requirements management (DOORS), system architecture and proving;
- Good understanding of Communication Systems and communications protocols;
- Good understanding of data link networking (NEC/NEW). * Communication system development;
- Development and implementation of Data Links (preferably Link 16) Sub-Systems.
- Use of data link simulation tools;
- Use of System Modelling using SysML (& UML) (preferably using Rhapsody), requirements management (DOORS) and MS tools;
- Working with MoD Customer, with familiarity of MoD acquisition processes and procedures;
- Working with US suppliers and TAA procedures. Core Competence/Achievements:
- A systematic thinker with the ability to solve problems in a structured manner;
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities, programme needs and tasks;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written;
- Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent).
Highly Desirable: Knowledge/Experience:
- Network design and working with Joint Data Link Management Organisation (JDLMO);
- Basic TEMPEST, RF, EMI/RFI, EMC experience;
- Development & implementation of Data Link (preferably Link 16) Sub-System Assembly Integration and Test activities Functional Competence/Achievements:
- Higher relevant Engineering or Science based Degree (or equivalent);
- CEng (or equivalent).
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.