- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Automotive Software Engineer
The software engineer will design, develop and support software solutions in the embedded automotive area of ETAS.
Working with an established Tier One/Consultancy in the automotive market as a high-competence, high-quality and effective consulting organization. We support our customers across a variety of topics with a major focus on advanced embedded systems (e.g. many core systems, hypervisors), AUTOSAR (e.g. training, migration, extensions) and functional safety (e.g. ISO26262 compliancy, ISO25119, etc).
The software engineer will design, develop and support software solutions in the embedded automotive area of ETAS. They will work on projects to fulfil specific customer requirements whilst being a member of the Product Engineering Team.
This role will be based in York, UK.
Your contribution to something big
1. Design, develop and test Software applications for the automotive domain
2. Integrate customer and third party Software components
3. Prepare appropriate technical documentation
4. Provide technical expertise in the development of AUTOSAR-based systems
5. Work as part of an engineering team or independently as required
What distinguishes you
1. A degree in a relevant engineering discipline
2. Excellent embedded SW development skills in C / C++
3. Experience of unit and integration testing
4. Experience of configuration management tools, e.g. Subversion, GIT
5. Experience of tools for requirements management, fault tracking, etc.
6. Good knowledge of the automotive domain, specifically the AUTOSAR architecture standard
7. Good knowledge of process standards such as Automotive SPICE and ISO26262
8. Good communication skills: fluent English essential
9. (Advantageous) Experience of Agile development methods (Scrum, test-driven development, etc.)
10. (Advantageous) Experience of technical customer support work (fault finding, issue tracking, etc.)
Real-time Embedded C, Autosar, Spice, 26262
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...