- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Powertrain Base Software Engineer
We are recruiting for a Powertrain Base Software Engineer. This is an exciting career opportunity to work within a World Leading Powertrain R&D Centre.
Lead the development of Powertrain control base software for prototype and production development projects.
- Degree qualified or similar qualification.
- Strong numeracy and literacy, including ability to write clear documentation.
- A minimum of four years post graduate experience is essential and preferably some of this will be in automotive Powertrain development.
- Good logical reasoning.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge in embedded software development inc analysis,design, implementation and test.
- Experience of software development process, review, MIL/SIL testing.
- Experience of HiL rig based testing.
- Preferably will have direct experience of developing electronic control unit base software for hard real-time high integrity control systems.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Desirable to have professional membership and be working towards chartered status.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team to demanding deadlines.
- Able to overcome cultural barriers.
- Some appreciation of mechanical systems.
- Full UK driving license.
- Eagerness to learn.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the specification and test of base SW to deliver a robust embedded control platform.
- Develop advanced V&V techniques for tier-1 supplier software platforms and implement these techniques on production projects.
- Create high quality prototype base software within demanding timescales.
- Implement software within a quality and safety managed environment.
- Contribute to the continuing development of software process and methodology.
- Mentor more junior members of team in UK and China.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...