- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Structural Engineer
A challenging opportunity has arisen for a Principal Structural Engineer to join a well-established client of Matchtechs Buildings structure division.
A challenging opportunity has arisen for a Principal Structural Engineer to join a well-established client of Matchtechs Buildings structure division. This London based company is currently working on a wide range of projects and requires a Principal Structural Engineer.
The Principal Structural Engineer will be responsible for selecting the appropriate materials including steel, concrete, masonry and timber to meet required design specifications. You will often be required to inspect the work and advise contractors. The Principle Structural Engineer will be required to supervise team members including other Engineers and to mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Site visits and inspections
- Structural examinations of structures at risk of collapse
- Structural designs with all common construction materials
- Team management
- Mentoring of junior/graduate team members
- Create construction details and sketches
- Attendance of Design team meetings and workshops
- Calculation of the pressures, strains and stresses of each component
- Stakeholder management and liaising with contractors
Qualifications and professional memberships
- A relevant degree in structural/civil engineering
- Ideally Chartered to (MIStructE or MICE) or working towards
- Suitable level of experience for a Principal role
The suitable Principal Structural Engineer will be a motivated and driven individual who is keen to enhance their career within the Building structure environment.
This role will require the principal Structural Engineer to bring their current experience and knowledge to this position whilst being open to enhancing their skillset.
If you would like further details on this vacancy please contact Luke Kemp on 01489 898166.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.