- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Engineer
My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Civil Engineer based out of either their Maple Lodge or High Wycombe offices.
As Senior Civil Engineer you will provide superior quality Engineering Design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. In order to ensure the above the individual must co-ordinate the design and produce civil design documents and drawings taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
* Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively. The term 'cost' is to embrace all costs associated with the design and the subsequent construction of the design. To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible * Maintain competitiveness
- Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department * Assist in developing procedures and processes
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department
- Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts
- Assure customer satisfaction
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from their processes, whether end users or other departments within the company
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements
* Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment
- Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil aspects of water and sewage treatment plants
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
- Chartered Engineer in an engineering-related discipline
- Experience of working for a global organization
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship need.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.