- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal/ Senior Engineer - Water
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets.
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client specifications, national standards and codes of practice
- Managing the preparation of reports and other project documentation and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance.
- Ensuring effective communication with clients and in the project team and stakeholders on matters relevant to the project
- Managing teams of engineers, environmentalists and economists
- Leading the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables
- Managing the commercial aspects of projects
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behavior
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
What you have to Offer
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline
- Chartered Engineer status and membership of a professional institution such as ICE or CIWEM
- PRINCE II project management qualification desirable
- UK Water and Environment sector, ideally working with the Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust and/or water companies
- In depth technical design experience in civil and/or structural engineering and good analytical skills
- Effective management of projects involving multi-disciplinary design teams
- Commercial management of projects
- Good communication and people skills
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...