- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Information Assurance Engineer - Control Systems
Our client, a leading engineering company, are recruiting for Information Assurance Engineer to join their busy controls and automation team in New Malden to work on Marine Defence projects.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Security Expert for Successor and future requirement for cyber security solutions for control systems.
- This is a role for an Information Assurance candidate who is required to work in an HMG environment with experience of MoD services.
- The role will provide support to automation design teams in both HMG project and Commercial areas
- This role needs to have a demonstrable working knowledge of HMG Technology and Information Risk Management guidance and standards.
- This will also include open and best practice standards such as ISO 27001.
- The candidate will be involved in the gathering of qualitative and quantitative data, generating relevant project documentation and client interfacing at a senior level for formal accreditation of systems.
- Implementation and configuration of Windows components for operation in a high-security environment according to programme requirements
- Controls System Software configuration management
- Operating system deployment and upgrade
- Installer and build scripting, including application installation and drive imaging
- Security and system testing in co-operation with IST and Integration teams
- Documentation of procedures and compliance
- Full lifecycle support for product change requests (including analysis, design, implementation and test)
- Occasional liaison with internal and external stakeholders, potentially including the UK MOD, CESG and related suppliers
- Occasional travel within the UK
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- To carry out any other reasonable management request
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
For this role the ideal candidate would have:
- Ability to use HMG Standards, including Information Assurance Standard 1 and 2 for technical risk assessment and creation of Accreditation documentation.
- Have worked with and implemented:
- HMG Departmental Policies and Publications such as MoD Joint Service Publications.
- CESG Good Practice Guides and other CESG guidance.
- Cabinet Office Policies such as the Security Policy Framework.
- Systems in high impact level environments, including achieving full IA Accreditation.
- Used HMG Approved hardware devices such as Data Diodes and Enhanced grade encryption devices.
- Familiarity with personal computer lockdown techniques using domain based technologies.
This role would be suitable for:
- An experienced Security Architect who was also a CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS) member and is now a CESG Certified Professional (CCP).
- Information Assurance (IA) practitioner.
- Experienced ISO27001 practitioner, including creating Statement of Applicability's.
- Someone who has an understanding of Cryptographic techniques and technologies.
Ideally, the candidate would be:
- A member of an IA group such as the Trusted Security Advisor Register (TSAR).
- A member of an IA related professional body such as IISP, APM Group or BCS.
- Familiar with Network Penetration Testing using manual or automatic methods including tools such as the US DoD Cyber Security Evaluation Tools
- Experienced in a maritime environments.
- Experienced in Industrial Control Systems environments.
- Security Cleared or be prepared to undergo a Security Clearance.
- Someone with Good presentation and customer facing skills, including working on Security Working Groups.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.