- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
A Vacancy exists within the Tornado Weapon System Engineering team. This is an initial 7 month contract with BAE Systems in Warton.
A Vacancy exists within the Tornado Weapon System Engineering team. Based at Warton, this team is part of the Tornado, Harrier & General Projects SDR Capability Engineering Team, dealing with all business streams & across all phases of the programme.
The Tornado Modifications Team manages the configuration of the Tornado Weapons System through the production of modification proposals (PL80s) which are submitted to Panavia. The content of each submitted PL80 is then incorporated into the Panavia PL80, which is submitted to the Customer for approval. These PL80s are raised in accordance with the requirements of the TMP (Tornado Modifications Procedure), which is a Customer procedure. The Mods Group manage all activities from ITP to embodiment of the change onto the in-service aircraft for modifications, which originate from either a PL79 or MSF, or the Partner Support Modification Process, (PN1792).
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Vetting and Authorisation of Request for Modification (RFMs) at all issues
- Production of PL80s for all modifications, including technical, commercial and logistic inputs
- Co-ordination of PL79 responses
- Production of Mod Screening Forms (MSFs)
- Management of the Equipment Modification Alteration Proposal Forms (EMAPF) review process
- Distribute all RFMs, PL80s MSFs and PL79s
- Production of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for RSAF Customer.
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Appropriate engineering qualification and experience
- Knowledge of typical product design lifecycle
What we're looking for in you?
- Able to demonstrate a record of delivering quality engineering in large or complex projects
- Good people management skills and experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Good communication and influencing skills, drive, initiative and flexibility
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?