- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
A Vacancy exists within the Tornado Weapon System Engineering team. This is an initial 7 month contract with BAE Systems in Warton.
A Vacancy exists within the Tornado Weapon System Engineering team. Based at Warton, this team is part of the Tornado, Harrier & General Projects SDR Capability Engineering Team, dealing with all business streams & across all phases of the programme.
The Tornado Modifications Team manages the configuration of the Tornado Weapons System through the production of modification proposals (PL80s) which are submitted to Panavia. The content of each submitted PL80 is then incorporated into the Panavia PL80, which is submitted to the Customer for approval. These PL80s are raised in accordance with the requirements of the TMP (Tornado Modifications Procedure), which is a Customer procedure. The Mods Group manage all activities from ITP to embodiment of the change onto the in-service aircraft for modifications, which originate from either a PL79 or MSF, or the Partner Support Modification Process, (PN1792).
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Vetting and Authorisation of Request for Modification (RFMs) at all issues
- Production of PL80s for all modifications, including technical, commercial and logistic inputs
- Co-ordination of PL79 responses
- Production of Mod Screening Forms (MSFs)
- Management of the Equipment Modification Alteration Proposal Forms (EMAPF) review process
- Distribute all RFMs, PL80s MSFs and PL79s
- Production of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for RSAF Customer.
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Appropriate engineering qualification and experience
- Knowledge of typical product design lifecycle
What we're looking for in you?
- Able to demonstrate a record of delivering quality engineering in large or complex projects
- Good people management skills and experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Good communication and influencing skills, drive, initiative and flexibility
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Engineers predict great things for rail in 2017
Our recent Voice of the Workforce survey showed that perceptions of the rail sector are positively positive. Read on to find...
- Matchtech launches report on engineering workforce
Today sees the launch of the Engineering: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 2...
Top in Engineering
- A girl guide’s mission to promote engineering
Girl Guides around the world are getting more engaged with STEM subjects, with new achievement badges being created for scie...
- EngineeringUK appoints new Chief Executive
Following Paul Jackson’s departure from EngineeringUK, Mark Titterington is appointed as the new Chief Executive.