- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Specialist Engineer - Performance
We have an urgent requirement for an Engineer to join the Performance & Efficiency team of one of the UK's largest Automotive manufacturers.
The Performance, Efficiency and Driveability (PED) Attribute team is part of the VE attributes group. It has delivery ownership for Performance, Efficiency and Driveability Attributes across vehicle programs.
PED attribute delivery involves complex project management, CAE assessments, hands-on vehicle assessment and data analysis in order to deliver SVO targets. The successful candidate will be expected to work with the PED Leader, the other members of the Core PED team, to deliver vehicle programmes from concept through to their delivery phase with regards to the PED Attributes.
This can include (but not limited to) robust requirements and targets management using dynamic object oriented requirement system, conducting CAE assessments using existing toolsets, physical testing and data analysis to deliver the attributes of performance metrics, fuel economy homologation metrics across European and USA cycles and subjective drive quality assessments. The candidate will be able to show experience in one or more of these areas with further training provided to master those remaining as necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of powertrain and vehicle energy consumption principles. Experience with hybrid & electric vehicles is an advantage but not necessary.
- Experience of the automotive competitive landscape and an understanding of future powertrain technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve attribute objectives and resolve issues is essential.
- Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products.
- Knowledge and understanding of thermodynamic and aerodynamic principles.
- Knowledge of systems and tools used to develop engineering solutions eg CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFA.
- Ability to work with technical and commercial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential to liaising with a number of internal and external parties, and carrying out a range of work tasks.
- PC Fluent (Email, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience of any existing Vehicle Performance CAE or Matlab Simulink based CAE is an advantage.
- Experience of working with EMS or Transmission calibration would be beneficial
- Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, flexible and demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience of JLR systems such as PCDS, AIMs and their processes would be beneficial.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...