- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
LPG Technical Superintendent
My client are looking to recruit a Technical Superintendent to manage their expanding managed fleet of LPG and Chemical Tankers.
The role is ideally suited to a Class 1 Chief Engineer or an individual who has proven themselves ashore managing LPG or Chemical Tankers in a previous role.
The scope of the role incorporates the following responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels to ensure that applicable requirements on safety, quality, efficiency and environmental performance are met
- Develop, monitor and control running cost budgets to meet goals and KPIs
- Identify areas for improvements and modifications, evaluate and improve vessel performance
- Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory, class and other third party requirements
- Supervise and report repairs and modifications
- Manage all phases of the dry-docking process from initial planning to completion
- Contribute to improved learning transfer across the fleets
- Ensure that all activities, also by third parties engaged, comply with set HSEQ standards
- Visit assigned vessels around the world
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness
- Proactive with a strong personal drive
- Have a holistic perspective, without losing attention to details
- Good analytical skills/ assessment ability
For more information about this role please contact Scott Cook on - Scott.Cook@Matchtech.com or call +44 (0) 1489 898 173
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...