- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Project Manage one or more contractual task as part of the wider Project to ensure successful performance of contract tasks, to include on time deliverables, within budget and in accordance with technical requirements
- Interact with Government and Navy Program personnel
- Plan and coordinate multiple activities, subcontractors and tasks to meet program schedule requirements
- Work in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule for the project
- Work in accordance with the Earned Value Management System into the Project Office
- Plan, manage and report on budgets, schedule and progress within the EVM environment
- Manage project administration functions such as document control, risk management, etc.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-secondary degree preferred, Master's degree an asset - but not essential
- PMP designation an asset, but not a requirement
- Proven years experience in a Project Management capacity, working in an engineering/programmatic environment required
- Experience in the shipbuilding/naval sectors, major international contracts or Defense contracts required; An advantage if the candidates has experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skill
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills; energetic and results-focused
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of document control and configuration management in a Defense environment an advantage
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.