- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our clients team.
- Performance of the commercial aspects of projects
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture, recognising the responsibilities of the line management structure
- Responsibility for the quantity surveying functions
- Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts
- To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of contract
- Participation in the management of the team including management of resource levels, providing direction, leadership, and assessing the training and development requirements of quantity surveying staff
- Provision of commercial expertise
- Provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the management team
- Maintain commercial information to the contract
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record covering commercial management, quantity surveying, project management and estimating services, and a sound understanding of commercial risk analysis and assessment
- Solid understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Knowledge and experience of cost and value reporting, cash flow forecasting
- Contract claims experience
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Experience of supervising quantity surveying staff
- Experienced in negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent commercially related discipline.
- Preferably a member of RICS or ICE
- Relevant CSCS card
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including: Commercial reports, Procurement, Risk Management, Personnel Management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge in various forms of contract
- Working knowledge of current legislation
- Thorough understanding of the financial and commercial issues facing engineering projects
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Quantity Surveyor
- How to get a job in quantity surveying & move up the career ladder
Looking for the next step in your career as a quantity surveyor? Stuart Minchin, Director of Buildings at Matchtech, shares...
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...