- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Project Manager, to be based at our prestigious UK headquarters in Coventry. You will be working on exciting Automotive projects for a major OEM to steer Seating Projects into Production!
Please note you must already possess the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Management and successful delivery of seating projects into production. Ensure compliance to customer, industry and legal specifications within forecast and to defined timelines.
Management of engineering project team initially based at Kingfield with transfer to relevant plant during product launch phases.
1. Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
2. Management of engineering team to progress project along timeline to achieve milestones.
3. Where timing cannot be met, support the Programme Manager in finding contingency plans to mitigate / manage the resulting risks.
4. Manage the Engineering deliverables of :-
CAD , Drawings (inc. General Assembly, Detailed and Customer formats) , DFMEA (system and component) , Testing , Prototype builds , BOM's and Change Management DCR's / RFQ's with associated 'Bump' charts. Ensuring all the above meet the Master Programme timeline.
5. Lear programme management system, ensure compliance to engineering deliverables at set project gates.
6. Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
7. Sub-Supplier Design Management - Data release and Control with documented status and actions on a regular basis.
* Manage the Layout / Package drawing to show issues.
* Manage / Control the Engineering Budget to a maximum of that forecast.
1. Test and Development DV / PV and virtual CAE analysis for confidence.
2. Presentations to Lear and Customer Senior Management re: Issues / Actions.
3. Open Issues - Single list with time bound response including all known problems with priorities.
To be successful in the role you will have to have:
* Change Management to achieve authorisation to work outside scope of TA
* Proven seating engineering knowledge and experience.
* Proven experience of managing multiple concurrent engineering projects within automotive industry.
* PC skills - Excel/Word and Project.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.