- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Intermediate QS to Senior QS
Quantity Surveyors at all levels to support a £300m per annum capital investment programme. The programme includes all aspects of water investment including the creation of new assets to support regional development in the SE
This is an exciting programme with the opportunity for candidates to take ownership of their projects or programmes. An environment exists which allows development and the ability to demonstrate personal performance
* Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
* To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
* Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement, presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
* Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
* Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
* Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
* Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned with any early warnings.
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
* Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
* Reviews main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
* Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
What You have to Offer:
* Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite
* Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
* Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
* Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
* Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
* Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- A lifetime of engineering
Ahead of the Queen’s birthday celebrations, we reflect on the key engineering breakthroughs which have been made during her...
- 3 key takeaways from the 2017 Water Industry Asset Management Conference
The water industry is planning for a better future with improved outcomes for customers, the environment and the industry as...