- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
They are looking for a Civil Engineer to join their team in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
This team undertakes the following tasks
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
* Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
* Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
* Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
Relevant skills & experience
* Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
* Minimum of 3 - 4 years' post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
* Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
* Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
* An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
* An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
* Good commercial awareness
* An ability to work well with others as part of a team
Remuneration and training:
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.
The company has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered s
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.