- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Civil Engineer
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
They are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
This team undertakes the following tasks:
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
* Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
* Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
* Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
* Enhance and promote the image of Glanville Consultants by their actions
Relevant skills & experience:
* Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years' post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
* Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
* Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
* An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
* An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
* Good commercial awareness
* An ability to work well with others as part of a team
Remuneration and training:
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events, such as go-karting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.
The company has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Why the UK needs more construction workers
The UK is set to fall short on its target of building 300,000 new homes. Find out what this means for construction workers i...
- 5 qualities that make a great highway engineer
What do the best highway engineers have in common? Joe Wilson, Department Manager of Highways at Matchtech, shares the top q...