- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is looking for a General Foreman for their work on the Southern Water framework.
Within this role you will ensure that the existing water treatment process is not affected by the construction activities whilst ensuring high standards of safety and environmental protection consistently maintained on site.
Our client are in a joint venture to deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
* Be the lead for the construction works and represent MWH on site
* Oversee and establish close working relationships with our supply chain and direct resources
* Carry out Tool Box Talks and Start of Shift Briefings
* Input to and monitoring of the agreed programme and budget
* Maintain site records including daily diary, plant and labour returns, ITPs, etc
* Provide construction input to the design of the project to add value
* Organise and supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and environmental issues are maintained
* Plan and assist Site Agents in determining best approach to works, advising on subcontractor/specialists strengths and concerns
* Be fully conversant with subcontractor/specialists contract conditions and attendances given by the JV
* Review programme on a daily basis and assist the Construction Manager/Site Agents in identifying opportunities
* Record resources and monitor outputs against programme
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendance, and records of work related discussions with the client's operator
* Where self-delivering, control and manage outputs and work procedures ensuring works are maintained to a high standard and on programme
* Overall supervisory responsibility for the subcontractors, specialists and direct workforce (through the team of Foremen and Front Line Supervisors)
* Liaison with both internal and external stakeholders; specifically included the Operator's staff
* Ensure that good relations are maintained with staff at all times
* Committed to working collaboratively to deliver a quality product under pressure without compromising Health & Safety and Quality
* Recognised experience in main disciplines associated with these works (civil and structural engineering works)
* Experience of managing and co-ordinating a small team of direct reports (Foremen/Section Foreperson /Front Line Supervisors)
* Relevant CSCS Card or equivalent. (General Foreperson)
* EUSR safety passport and EUSR water hygiene
* First Aid
* Confined Space Training CP1 or CP2
* Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
* Training in Health & Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH for example)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...
- Wylfa Newydd power station to create thousands of new jobs
What job opportunities could the Wylfa Newydd nuclear plant offer engineers?